Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine's Day Cookie Cake

 
Show your lover some love this Valentine's Day with a homemade Cookie Cake! I came across a recipe for a cookie cake and thought it was the best idea because I always lose steam halfway through making regular cookies.  Once the first batch is in the oven, I usually decide I no longer want to roll the dough into balls and end up eating the leftover raw cookie dough and feeling pretty miserable afterwards.  Solution, one giant Cookie Cake!
 

Ingredients: 3/4 cup softened butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 cup plus 1 tbs. all purpose flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda,  1 egg, 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (not pictured), 1 cup of M&M's.
 

Cream Brown Sugar & Butter: AKA - use the back of a spoon to mash your butter and brown sugar together.  (Note: It's important that you use softened butter and not melted butter.  I'm not normally one for following rules when I cook, but baking is another story.  Using softened butter will give you a fluffier cake and using melted butter will make your cake flat.)


Add Egg & Vanilla: Mix one egg and one teaspoon of vanilla extract into your butter/sugar mixture.


Add Flour & Baking Soda: Add 1 cup & 1 tbs. flour and 1/4 tsp of baking soda.  I have no idea who discovered that 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon is the right amount - but that is what the cookie recipe told me to do.


Mix in M&Ms: Fold in 1 cup (I used a HEAPING cup) of M&M's to the batter.


Pour Batter into Pie Pan: Pour the batter into a greased pie pan.  I sprinkled some more M&M's on top for some extra pizazz.


Bake that Cake! Bake the cake in a 325 degree pre-heated oven for 27-30 minutes until a tooth pick comes out clean.
 

Eat it! Or give it to your Valentine! Either serve this as is or top it off with some ice cream! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment